3.1.2 Update

Version 3.1.2 of the A* Pathfinding Project has just been released.
This is a bugfix update which fixes some problems, mainly with iPhone compatibility.
Check out the changelog at the usual place: http://arongranberg.com/astar/docs/changelog.php


    • Aron Granberg says:

      I have tried it with beta 6 (latest is beta 7 I think) on osx. Everything I tested worked without any problems. GUI indentation was a bit off in some places, but that is no problem for deployment just cosmetic.

  1. Mathew says:

    I had previously written a custom script and after looking over AIPath I made some updates to my script and now it’s working great. Thanks for your help, it’s working fine on all of my Android test devices once again.

  2. Mathew says:

    Just FYI – I jumped to this build from today (where everything was working perfectly) and even though it’s much smoother on PC, on Android it seems not to work correctly. Instead of following a smooth path my gameobject seems to yo-yo out to a few random nodes and then starts on the correct path, but it just interpolates back and forth between nodes 1 and 2.. 30 interpolations later its ready to interpolate between nodes 2 and 3… and then 3 and 4.. and so on… after watching it bounce between nodes for a solid 2 minutes it finally reaches the end of the same path it completes on the PC in 4 seconds… I spent a few hours adjusting every setting I could think of pathfinding and project side because I really wanted this to work including a full redownload/import of the package, but no difference… I’m going to sleep on it and start with a fresh mind tomorrow, but most likely i’ll end up reverting back to old build and waiting for your next stable version. If you have any advice I’d be willing to spend more time working with version 3.1.2.

    • Aron Granberg says:

      Can’t be sure what the exact cause of the problem is. But my advice would be to try the new AIPath script instead of the AIFollow script. The AIFollow script has been deprecated (still works, but AIPath is better at following paths, especially on slow hardware which take time to calculate the paths).
      The variable which influences this behavior would be “pick next waypoint distance” probably.

  3. Aron Granberg says:

    I think it was a similar questions from you which I just answered in the forums. If it wasn´t, head over there to see the probable solution to the problem.

  4. Lizzard says:

    sry to bother you, but:
    if i test example 1 on the Ipad, the robot spider doesnt start to move.
    but it works on Pc and Mac.

Comments are closed.